Writers, to your keyboards!
Our Short Story competition for 2015 is now open! This year’s theme is: Southern Skies
This year, our Guests of Honour have both agreed to be judges. If you’ve ever thought that R. J. Anderson or Tansy Rayner Roberts would totally enjoy reading your work, you might just be able to prove it, by sending us a story up to 2000 words long.
Our competition is open to all amateur writers, with entry free for Continuum members and $10 for those who are yet to become members. Here are the rules:
- Stories must not be previously published
- “Amateur” means the writer must have received no payment other than contributor copies and other incidentals (coffee mug, t-shirt, poster, etc) for any work they may have had published
- Only original fiction will be accepted — no fan fiction or other derivative or transformative works.
- Writers can enter more than one story, but only one story per writer can win a prize
- Stories must follow usual formatting eg 12pt Times New Roman, double spaced
- The stories will be blind-read so please ensure your name is not present on the story, in either the body or the header
- Stories must be submitted by email in DOC, DOCX, PDF or RTF format to email@example.com by midnight 1st May 2015
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered
- The judges are unable to give feedback on submissions
- Winning entries will be published in the Continuum 11 conbook.
- Authors maintain copyright over their work
Our first prize is a 2016 Continuum full membership, and our runner up prize is a 2016 Continuum supporting membership.
Good writing to you all!